I was fortunate once again to be present for my dear friend Sonia Minetti’s trend report for Spring at Neiman Marcus in Paramus. Coming on the heels of NY Fashion week the show gave us a glimpse at all the hottest trends for the coming months.
These are the looks to wear in the months to come:
- Crochet is hot- as an entire garment a or a bit of trim or décor
- As predicted by the early Pantone reports the colors for 2019 are Princess Blue- a deep cerulean blue, and Marigold yellow
- The 80’s called and the fanny pack or belt bag is making a big return!
- Whether it’s silky threads or ropy macrame- fringe is now the edge to choose
- Travel in style with cargo pants and other pocket-accented garments
- Purses just keep getting bigger and this year the oversized tote carries it all
- The slip dress comes back just in time for spring – be sure to embrace the lace as trim or inset
- Summer boots rock any outfit from skirts and dresses to trousers and shorts- Or choose stunning strappy footwear by Gianvito Rossi
- Warm browns like cinnamon and burnt sienna along with any green you choose- earthy Moroccan tones are in
- Ruffles and romance- a layering of textures, patterns and fabrics, especially scarves, in many of the outfits indicate the Bohemian look is still with us
- Matching suits, white jeans and white shoes (each worn on their own) add sparkle well before Memorial Day
- Pant legs continue to be narrow (bootleg or thinner), choose and baring one-shoulder is on-trend for 2019
- Pair feminine looks with leather biker jackets or embellished jackets.
- The anorak takes over as the lightweight topper of the season
- Slides and mules and fun sneakers are all must-haves as the weather warms
- Beach style and lounge-type dressing makes poolside and apres-sun activities even more fun
- Keep your bling on- Sequins continue to be strong
What trends will you embrace?
If you are interested in working Sonia reach out to her at (201) 417-3067. What I love about Sonia, apart from her great style and enthusiasm, is the way she can push you gently beyond your comfort zone with regards to your wardrobe choices and the outcome is always very pleasing.