I remember the thrill starting solids food with both of our girls. I had less time to make homemade baby goods for my second daughter – surprise – but I had a couple of tried and true recipes that they both loved.
It occurs to me that maybe the more adventurous one is with baby food the more they will eat as toddlers. Just a thought…
We found Momastic’s Wholesome Baby Food to be a great resource on pureeing and storing and La Tartine Gourmande has delicious recipes and gorgeous photos. For storage tips check out Cheeky Tummy. We have included one of their fabulous and simple recipes for your precious one to try.
Japanese white sweet potato and sole with zucchini, cauliflower and thyme
Makes 2 baby* servings for a 10 month old.
- Japanese white sweet potato (3 oz; 90 g peeled and diced)
- 1.75 oz (50 g) cauliflower florets
- 1.75 oz (50 g) zucchini, diced
- 1.75 oz (50 g) sole fillet, diced
- 1 thyme twig
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- In the bowl of a steamer, combine the sweet potato, zucchini, cauliflower and sole. Add the thyme. Steam until the vegetables and fish are soft.
- Discard the thyme and puree the vegetables and fish with some of the water used to steam the vegetables (it contains many nutrients). When ready to serve the food to your baby, add a drizzle of olive oil.